It's one of the fastest Web Accelerators on the internet!
If you surf the Internet using a dial-up connection, you are painfully aware of how
slow Web pages load. Propel Accelerator is a subscription-based service that works
with your existing Internet Service Provider (ISP) dial-up connection, allowing you
to dramatically increase your surfing speed. Pages that previously took
almost 30 sec. to load, can now be viewed in less than 7 sec., on average,
and sometimes even faster.
Propel Accelerator is the next best thing to DSL, at a fraction of the price. Unlike
costly and limited-availability broadband solutions, Propel Accelerator:
- Requires NO new hardware.
- Is easy to install -- a few clicks will download it to your PC!
- Works seamlessly with your existing software.
Propel Accelerator is designed to provide maximum acceleration for the Web sites you visit regularly.
So, the more you surf, the faster your favorite pages will load!
Specifically, Propel Accelerator speeds up the delivery of Web pages four ways:
- Compression. Propel Accelerator delivers text and graphics more efficiently, using a proprietary compression technology that significantly reduces the size of Web pages and page elements sent to your browser
- Caching. Propel Accelerator improves upon your browser's caching ability. Propel intelligently retains and reuses Web pages and page elements that have previously been sent to your PC. That's why the longer Propel Accelerator is in use on your PC, the faster your Web pages will load.
- Persistent Connections. Propel Accelerator uses proprietary techniques to
carefully manage and optimize the communication between your modem and our network
of servers through a persistent connection. This eliminates the time wasted re-establishing and closing TCP/IP connections.
- Optional Content Filtering. Propel Accelerator lets you block unsolicited
content, such as pop-up ads and in page ads, which contributes to long wait times.
With Propel Accelerator, Web pages load an average of 3 to 5 times faster. The more regularly you visit specific Web sites, the better the performance you will receive.
Here is an example of tests we ran with and without Propel Accelerator.
|Popular Web Sites
||How much Faster with Propel?
||3.92 X faster!
||8.60 X faster!
||6.10 X faster!
||3.86 X faster!
||5.17 X faster!
* Average time calculated based on loading the home page. First time visit to a Web page loads on average 2 times faster. Subsequent visits to the page load, on average, 3 times faster.
Most Web content will be accelerated, but there are certain exceptions:
| What will be accelerated...
|Most graphics & photos - including jpeg and gif images
|Most banner ads - including animated gif images and Macromedia Flash content
|All browser-based emails
|All emails that contain images - even when read in a dedicated email program
|MP3 files, executables & other files - when downloaded from within your web browser (depending on the quality of your connection).
| What will not be accelerated...
|Streaming media, and audio and video files
|Secure pages, such as those used for online banking and credit card forms and pages accessed over VPN
|Files downloaded outside your browser using ftp
Call 1-888-312-1211 and someone will answer questions about pricing and help with setup and installation.